Nav Server Service drain memory ( Ram ) HELP!!

10. September 2021 10:26

Hi everyone sorry if its not a german post, but i had a big problem out here, i have an instance BC14 and it flooded the RAM after 2:00 AM running some jobs query. here is an exemple in attachement i got that warning every time with multiple queries

Thank you !
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Re: Nav Server Service drain memory ( Ram ) HELP!!

10. September 2021 11:54

hi,

so there are some jobs setup which are executed in the night? maybe they are badly programmed, or maybe some indexes on the database are missing.
what are this jobs supposed to do? -> maybe printing some reports in the background?

you wrote the nst drains ram - can you be more specific? ram is there to be used!

is the system inaccessible?

10. September 2021 12:34

Hi,

yes there is some jobs in the night, and programmed separatly, the jobs are supposed to get some invoices and data ( its a web service ).

the queries take a lot of time and nav service drain memory ( 60gb in ram ) with 0 user connected!

and yeah the system cant be accessible until i reboot the server

10. September 2021 12:59

ah, than you have to investigate the jobs or better the code behind them
60gb of ram for some jobs is way toooooo much

10. September 2021 17:04

Hello,

i do know exactly, but i think there was also BC- Build with souch an issue. Did you check this with the newst Build of BC14?

Regards Fiddi

10. September 2021 17:53

Hi fiddi,

No its BC CU11 so maybe they fixed it in another CU?

thanks